- Value for Money – implications of McNulty Report
- Ever Increasing Passenger Numbers
- Delivering Huge Capital Investment whilst maintaining passenger service
- Intelligent Infrastructures
- Cost Reductions/Efficiencies
- Devolution – Route based structure
- New Rolling Stock and Signalling
The UK’s national rail industry has been through many structural changes since it was established more than 150 years ago, from vertical integration, through post-war nationalisation and more recently privatisation. We cannot claim to have witnessed all of this, but we have certainly been with our transport clients through the many reorganisations since the mid-1990s.
The London Underground has been through an equivalent reorganisation, initially through an attempt to bring private finance to bear through the PPP (Public Private Partnership). This did not provide the level of refurbishment to the network, trains and infrastructure that was required and now both PPP organisations have been brought in-house by Transport for London.
AMT-SYBEX provides Asset, Work Management and Mobile working solutions to Network Rail, TfL and LUL. This has placed us at the centre of the on-going change within the UK transport sector as it continues to strive to increase service performance, manage capital investment programmes and demonstrate value for money.