Optimising asset management with smart, accurate field data capture
Affinity Water set out to improve asset data quality and drive smarter maintenance by helping technicians assign maintenance tasks to individual assets accurately.
By upgrading to Fieldreach from AMT-SYBEX, Affinity Water has gained a mobile solution that streamlines data capture processes for technicians in the field.
The solution enables technicians to identify assets by scanning a QR code, and then guides them through an intelligent workflow that helps them capture the right data quickly.
As part of its work to improve efficiency and provide services that offer customers excellent value for money, Affinity Water must make intelligent infrastructure investments—moving away from large-scale capital works and focusing on targeted asset replacement to maximise return on investment. To achieve this, the company must be able to capture detailed, accurate insights into the condition and history of every asset.
Affinity Water has embarked on a major initiative to tag 85,000 above-ground assets with QR codes, which will help technicians identify assets and associate them with relevant maintenance tasks. Fieldreach from AMT-SYBEX streamlines the mobile data capture process: when an asset is scanned, it automatically launches an appropriate workflow to help the technician capture the precise information they need.
- The built-in QR code scanner enables technicians to find and select assets instantly, saving up to 10 minutes per job
- Accurate allocation of unplanned maintenance jobs to asset records helps to improve data quality, supporting more detailed asset analytics
- Intelligent data capture capabilities reduce the number of questions a technician needs to answer by up to 20 percent, helping them focus on maintenance tasks rather than data entry
- Increased visibility of asset reveals the maintenance history of each asset to help technicians make smarter maintenance decisions
- More detailed tracking of non-productive time (time off the tools) helps Affinity Water identify opportunities to streamline operational processes
- Ultimately, the solution should give Affinity Water the accurate data required to increase the effectiveness of asset care while maximising its resource
Affinity Water is the largest water-only supplier in the UK, providing on average 900 million litres of water each day to a population of more than 3.6 million people. The company supplies water to customers in Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey, and several London boroughs, as well as the Tendring peninsula in Essex, and the Folkestone and Dover areas of Kent.